Exchange server 2003 Store.exe process causes high CPUMWahl | September 17, 2009 | 6:33 pm
So I ran into a situation today where my exchange server suddenly had 100% CPU for hours. Restarted the information store providing temporary relief but the issue came back. After reviewing logs and the event viewer I was ready to stop the information store and check the intregity of the information stores. Thankfully we found this article from Microsoft and it solved the issue, atleast it has been hours and the issue has not returned. Please note, if you have a blackberry server you will want to copy over certain .dll files from the updated bin directory of the exchange server. Hope this saves someone some time.
Just an update the next day my issue returned…After opening a support ticket with Microsoft it looks like it may have been due to some issues in one of the information stores. After running the ISINTEG -s (servername) -fix -test -alltests utility on that store ans now i have to wait and see if that solved my problem.